12/17/10

Why do we love soccer?

As I sit here enjoying Christmas with my family and in-laws I cannot help but write this blog. When I was 6 my best friend's grandma had this great idea. Soccer! Let's sign the kids up! Well, with great support and a positive attitude from my coach I loved it. That with my travels to my mothers native land of Germany made me a fanatic. And here I am today 44 years later still in the game. Wow. What an adventure. Stick with it friends it gets better in time.

It started off as a player, then moved to coaching and now I am all of the above and also in the business of creating useful products for coaches and players.

It's a simple game but it's not easy. What? Does that make sense? It's not brain surgery but if you don't master the fundamental concepts you cannot have success. Wow! That's why the game is so intriguing and unpredictable.

Merry Christmas to all my soccer friends, peers and mentors. Here's to 2011.

JE

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Topic Request:

Want or need to discuss a coaching topic? Email: elder@soccerinnovations.com

Blog Archive

About Me

Dallas, Texas, United States
Born and raised in Houston, Texas. Resident of Dallas Area for 20+ years. German decent. Former journeyman pro soccer player. Former collegiate player. U.S.S.F Regional Youth Pool player. Coaching Background: Recreational, Youth, Club, High School, College, Semi-Pro, Girls, Boys, Women, Men. Accomplishments include 1 Boy's USYSA Regional Championship, 2 Boys, USYSA North Texas State Championships, 1 UIL 5A Girls High School State Championship. Son of Don and Rosemarie Elder. Brother of Robert and Doug Elder. Husband of Susan Elder. Father of Jeremy James Elder and Christine Marie Elder.

Followers