5/28/11

Essential Soccer Equipment

OK, so I am in the soccer business. Fortunately I am still a soccer coach and player as that helps my product design and business creativity. I get to experience first hand, with eyes wide open, good designs, bad designs etc. Lucky me, if I feel a soccer equipment need, I can create it and test it. (And so can you. Which I will address in a future blog.)

Fortunately I have been a soccer freak since I was about 12 and have been infatuated by soccer products and soccer fields and soccer goals and balls and etc. etc. ever since then.

It has not hurt that I have traveled the world from an early age and experienced all of these things with eyes wide open and adrenaline flowing with each experience.

Little did I know I would get into the soccer equipment business. Designing and manufacturing product at the ripe old age of 40+ But, with 35 years playing soccer and a good 20+ years coaching all levels within the great sport I certainly have some soccer equipment opinions and experiences.

So, what are the most important soccer tools?

Balls of course, soccer goals of course. Then player bib's in my opinion. Bibs may even come before goals as you can make a soccer goal with a player bib if necessary. Then comes the fun stuff. Soccer training equipment that can give you an edge.

I am biased but firmly believe in the use of training mannequins. How about you? What do you think is the most important piece of soccer equipment outside of soccer balls, soccer goals and soccer bibs?

Soccer Wall Training Mannequins can and should be used in all phases of team and individual soccer training from warm up to cool down. I am a big believer and if you don't believe me believe Manchester United, Barcelona, the DFB (German National Team.), just to name a few.

It's cutting edge training and many are still slow getting on board. But that's OK with me because I am enjoying the advantage this training tool gives with my players and teams.

What do you think? Agree? Disagree?

JE



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Topic Request:

Want or need to discuss a coaching topic? Email: elder@soccerinnovations.com

Blog Archive

About Me

Dallas, Texas, United States
Born and raised in Houston, Texas. Resident of Dallas Area for 20+ years. German decent. Former journeyman pro soccer player. Former collegiate player. U.S.S.F Regional Youth Pool player. Coaching Background: Recreational, Youth, Club, High School, College, Semi-Pro, Girls, Boys, Women, Men. Accomplishments include 1 Boy's USYSA Regional Championship, 2 Boys, USYSA North Texas State Championships, 1 UIL 5A Girls High School State Championship. Son of Don and Rosemarie Elder. Brother of Robert and Doug Elder. Husband of Susan Elder. Father of Jeremy James Elder and Christine Marie Elder.

Followers